Those people looking to lose weight fast and clear their mind while making their body feel healthier should look no further. This detox will help you get everything back on track at once and improve your mood as well.
What to Eat/Drink:
- Fruit and Vegetables: Any and All. There are no limitations here.
- Fish: Can be fresh, canned and in water or olive oil
- Chicken and lean red meat: This category needs to be limited to two servings this week. Make sure if you eat chicken to not eat the skin.
- Beans: Kidney beans, lentil and chic peas
- Eggs: Try for organic only
- Water: Attempt to drink one to three litres each day for the seven-day period
- Green Tea, White Tea and decaffeinated black tea (make it very weak)
- Raw and Unsalted nuts: Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews and Macadamia
- Seeds: also raw and unsalted. Stick to sesame, pumpkin and sunflower.
What Not to Have:
- Dried Fruit
- Grains: Breads
- Sweeteners: sugar, honey, artificial sweeteners
- Milk Products
Start the day with lemon juice in hot water (½ a lemon in one cup). Next, try to exercise for an hour daily. The best exercises are jogging, walking uphill, hot yoga, boxing or even joining a spin class.
Next, eat as many raw foods as possible. Skip the cooking process. Try to meditate each day as well. Take this time to clear the mind and the body at once.
It is important to be drinking a lot of water. Fresh vegetable juice and herbal teas that support detox are also acceptable, and you should aim for three liters of liquid each day.
When eating, be sure to chew each mouthful 10 to 12 times. This helps with digestion and allows you to feel full more quickly, since it takes longer for the food to be sent to the stomach and the appropriate signals reach the brain more efficiently.
Finally, when you are about to take a shower, take some time and use a firm loofah or a body brush with natural fiber to do firm circular strokes across your skin. Then, shower as normal. This helps with circulation and that will give your efforts at detoxifying a boost.
Detoxifying has been found to help increase energy and successfully help with a quick weight loss. This is due to the focus on liquid intake, changing your diet to improve it and only eat raw foods that are beneficial to detoxing and providing nutrients. However, it should not be done if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have high blood pressure or are underweight.